MEMBERSHIP FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the cost of membership?
As of April 1, 2018, annual dues are $135/year for an individual and $249 for a household. The six-month rate is $78 for an individual or $147 for a household. For annual memberships, you may opt to pay monthly if you prefer.
2. Can I join at any time, or do I have to wait for the first of the year?
You can join at any time! We will count your year or six months from the day you pay your membership dues.
3. Are there scholarships available if the cost is prohibitive for me?
Yes, we have scholarships available for membership and also to cover program fees. Contact the Member and Guest Relations Coordinator at (434)974-7756 for more information.
4. Does my membership fee cover the cost of attending all programs?
Many of our programs are free to members, but some programs do have additional fees for participation. Members get a reduced rate on all program fees.
5. My spouse is over 50 and I am not; can we both still join as a household? What if he is already a member and he isn’t up for renewal yet?
You and your spouse or partner can join as a household as long as one of you is over 50. If your spouse or partner is already a member, we can adjust your membership so that you both will end up having the same renewal dates even if you join at a later time – contact the Member and Guest Relations Coordinator for details.
6. Do I have to be a member to travel with The Center?
No, you do not, but members do get a discount on rates, both for day trips and for Getaways.
Please email Judy or call 434.974.7756, ask for the Member & Guest Relations Coordinator. Our Staff business hours are M-F, 8:30 am–4:30 pm.