The Center is a nonprofit community center with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status whose mission is to create opportunities for healthy aging through social engagement, physical well-being, civic involvement, creativity, and lifelong learning. Membership is open to anyone age 50 and up.
Are you looking for a community center? A cultural center? A social, fitness, or civic center? You can find all of them at one convenient location—The Center!
You are welcome to come by anytime we are open to look around or try out programs for free. We also offer new and prospective member orientations twice a month. Join us for a brief presentation to learn about The Center, sample some delicious treats from our Greenberry's Coffee Co., and take a tour of our facility. For information about available dates, contact KevReyl Wells at 434.220.9732. New and prospective member orientations are generously sponsored by The Colonnades, an independent living community and retirement home in Charlottesville that is a perfect fit for active senior citizens.
The Center is a testament to the power of healthy aging. It fosters connections that create a wonderful sense of community among members who share both diverse interests and common life experience. It's a vibrant community with professors and plumbers, mechanics and managers. Everyone is valued and respected. Membership is a great deal, with no-hassle scholarships available.
New and renewing members have a choice of either Standard or Prime membership.
Standard membership includes access to about 80% of our programs, with fee-based programs available à la carte for an additional fee. The cost of Standard membership is $180/year for an individual or $324/year for a household.*
For members who participate in fee-based programs, Prime membership is an all-inclusive** option that offers more value. Prime members enjoy access to fee-based programs and the equipped fitness room at no additional cost. Prime members also receive a certificate for a trial month of membership to share with a friend or family member, a 20% discount on facility rental, and a $20 gift card for the Greenberry’s Coffee Co. at The Center at Belvedere.The cost for Prime membership is $480/year for an individual or $855/year for a household.*
*A "household" is defined as any two adults living at the same mailing address with at least one person aged 50 or older.
** Exceptions are travel, designated special events/programs, and services (such as seated massage and personal training).
More to know:
- You can pay for membership on a monthly basis or all at once.
- If you opt for Standard when you join but later decide you’d prefer Prime, no worries—members can switch at any time from Standard to Prime and vice versa.
- The Mary P. Reese Scholarship Fund makes scholarships available for anyone who cannot afford membership dues. Please contact KevReyl Wells, our Membership Coordinator, at 434.220.9732 if you would like to request a scholarship or you have any questions about membership.
Charter Memberships Available!
In honor of the opening of The Center at Belvedere, we are offering a limited number of Charter memberships. Becoming a Charter member means that you will enjoy a lifetime of the all-inclusive benefits of Prime membership and never have to worry about renewing.The cost of charter membership is $5000, payable in a single payment or in two payments, $2500 on joining and another $2500 due within a year of the first payment. Contact KevReyl Wells for more information about becoming a Charter member.
To become a member, you can:
- Join online here.
- Download a PDF version of the Membership Registration Form to mail to The Center at Belvedere, 540 Belvedere Boulevard, Charlottesville, VA 22901, Attn: KevReyl Wells.
- Drop by The Center and join at our Welcome Desk.
To renew your membership:
- Renew online here.
- Mail your payment to The Center at Belvedere, 540 Belvedere Boulevard, Charlottesville, VA 22901, Attn: KevReyl Wells.
- Stop by the Welcome Desk.
Contact KevReyl Wells with questions about membership payments or renewal dates.
To give the gift of membership:
Gift certificates are available for membership and programs. Contact KevReyl Wells.