Landscape Oil Painting for Beginners
Tuesday, June 27, 2023 | 1:00pm-4:00pm
June 27-July 25 1:00-4:00 pm (4-week Series does not meet July 4)
In this class you will learn how to create simple, yet effective landscape paintings that are semi abstract to impressionistic. Instructor Kathleen Hutter will teach students how to make different marks with different brushes, how to see and paint the big shapes, then adding selective detail for maximum impact, and more! Material fee is $65 due to instructor at the start of class or see material list below. Prime Members Free, Standard Members $20, Guests $30.
In this class you will learn
1. How to create simple, yet effective landscape paintings that are semi abstract to impressionistic
2. How to make different marks with different brushes
3. The order of painting a landscape
4. How to see and paint the big shapes, then adding selective detail for maximum impact
5. How to play with light, shadow and color 6. How to create a pleasing composition
7. How to mix the colors needed to create the landscapes
Materials: $65.00 Or Material List is as Follows: • Assortment of brushes in either hog hair bristle, or synthetic - flats, rounds, fan, liner, mop, filbert; sizes 2 - 14 are helpful sizes) • Oil paint that includes both the warm and cool primaries: Quinachridone Red, Cad Red md, Lemon Yellow, Cad yellow medium; Ultramarine Blue and cerulean blue; Titanium White; Burnt Umber or equivalent • Palette to paint from (can be paper) • Turpenoid or Gamsol and lidded container • Linseed oil • Paper towels • Surface to paint on: panels;120 lb paper, gessoed; stretched canvas; canvas panels. Size is up to the artist • Wear painting clothes!
Email Instructor Kathleen Hutter if you wish to order through her and pay her the material fee.
As a courtesy to program leaders and participants, if you register for this class and are unable to attend, notify us 72 hours in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Open to all.
Location: The Center
Sorry, this event has sold out!