Online Watercolor Class
Tuesday, May 26, 2020
This class is held each Tuesday for four weeks until June 16th
Jane Skafte offers a judgment-free opportunity to explore watercolor in this four-week online Zoom class for beginning and intermediate artists. It is all about enjoying creative exploration in color. The subjects will be from reference photos that Jane will send via email links prior to our meetings. In each class session, a variety of techniques and strategies for experimenting with materials will accompany instruction in basic brush skills, transparent layering and color mixing.
Jane is creating a private Facebook group for those who would like to share their finished work online and get feedback from Jane and other participants.
Participants will receive an email shortly before class with the zoom meeting link and ID number.
Open to all, but space is limited; please register below.
- Watercolor paper 140lb, size 12″ x 16″ or similar
- Painting palette for watercolor paints
- Water container
- Paper towels or a rag
- Brushes: there is a pretty good synthetic set at Michael’s, Artist loft set:
- Wash brush (1")
- Flat brushes (sizes 10, 6)
- Round brushes (sizes 10, 3, 5, 1)
- Filbert brushes (sizes 6, 4, 1)
- Winsor & Newton® Cotman® Watercolors Sketchers' Pocket Box OR: if you have paint already or want to add to your supply: (The individual colors are suggested, don’t worry if you have another brand that calls the color by another name. You need the primary colors in both warm and cool (e.g. warm blue is purplish and cool blue is greenish)
- Two reds: for example, Alizarin Crimson and permanent red or Cadmium red
- Two blues: for example, Cobalt Blue or Ultramarine and Cerulean blue
- One or two greens: for example, Hookers green or sap green
- Two yellows: for example, Lemon yellow and Gamboge
- Nice colors to have (can be added later): Raw sienna, burnt umber, ivory black, paynes gray, quinacridone rose
Seats available: 1