Combatting Elder Abuse and Exploitation - Public Briefing
Tuesday, May 28, 2019 | 2:00pm - 3:30pm
The Jefferson Area Coalition to End Elder Abuse and Exploitation (JACEEA) welcomes the public to learn about recent legislation recommended by JACEEA and supported by Delegates Toscano and Rob Bell, and Senator Obenshain (HB 1987, signed into law). Please join us for keynote speakers, a panel discussion, and time for questions.
2:00 - 2:05 Introduction by Robert Tracci and Joe Platania, Albemarle and Charlottesville Commonwealth's Attorneys
2:05 - 2:30 Keynote Speeches by Delegate David Toscano (invited), Senator Mark Obenshain (invited), and Delegate Rob Bell (attending)
2:30 - 3:10 Panel Discussion with JACEEA Panel
- Robert Tracci, Commonwealth's Attorney, County of Albemarle
- Joe Platania, Commonwealth's Attorney, City of Charlottesville
- Marcus Baggett, Detective, Albemarle County Police Department
- Tina Robertson, Adult Protective Services, Albemarle County
- Richie DeLoria, Assistant County Attorney
- Steve Buck, Office of the Virginia Attorney General
- Jamison Botkin, UVA Community Credit Union
- Ron Huber, US Attorney’s Office
3:10 - 3:25 Public questions
3:25 - 3:30 CloseOpen to all.