What have you accomplished? A lot!
- Secured more than $12 million in gifts and pledges including, public funding from the City and County and the Center’s largest individual gift to date.
- The Belvedere property was purchased thanks to gifts from community supporters.
- The City of Charlottesville and Albemarle County agreed to invest $3.2 million for building this community resource.
- Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital is planning a primary care clinic open to the public but focused on our senior population.
- The University of Virginia Health System has committed to building a wellness program within the Center.
- We will be a franchise owner of a Greenberry’s Café. Open to the community, it will operate in the hub of the new Center, offering made-to-order food, and beverages including beer and wine. The Café is key to our mission of social engagement for our members and guests.
- The site plan was submitted to Albemarle County in April, 2018.
- Bushman Dreyfus Architects is beginning the final phase of design, drafting construction documents.
- Our Board of Directors selected Barton Malow General Contractor and we expect a contruction budget this summer.